Healthy Strategies for Overcoming Procrastination and Staying Focused in the Cooler Months
As the days grow shorter and the weather gets colder, many people find it increasingly difficult to stay motivated and focused. Here are some healthy strategies we like to use that can help us overcome procrastination and stay on track during the cooler months:
- Get plenty of rest: Lack of sleep can lead to fatigue and lack of focus, making it harder to get things done. Be sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. We love to light our Becca Project Candle before bed and spent a few minutes journaling in our Dear Future journal.
- Stay active: Exercise is a great way to boost your mood and energy levels. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day, even if it's just a brisk walk, a swim in the ocean or a morning surf (that is our favourite form of exercise lately!) Our favourite pieces to exercise in are definitely here, and if you are looking for swim for those ocean dips then here are our favourites.
- Eating a balanced diet: Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help keep your energy levels stable and improve your focus.
- Break tasks into smaller chunks: Large tasks can be overwhelming, so break them into smaller, more manageable chunks. This will make it easier to stay focused and avoid procrastination.
- Use a timer: Set a timer for a specific amount of time and work on a task until the timer goes off. This can help you stay focused and avoid distractions.
- Take breaks: Taking regular breaks can help you stay refreshed and avoid burnout. Try taking a short break every 45-60 minutes to stretch, walk around, or do something else to refresh your mind.
Remember, it's important to take care of yourself in order to stay productive and focused. By following these healthy strategies, you can overcome procrastination and stay on track even during the cooler months.